Overall objectives of the project
- Renew our facilities to respond to current and future needs
of the Canadian audiences.
- Focus efforts on our mission of producing and distributing
content across all platforms.
How to achieve them
- Offload the financial risk to private-sector partners.
- Make those partners responsible for development of the entire site.
Objectives shared with employees
- Create more comfortable work spaces with better lighting.
- Add new spaces for formal and informal exchanges.
- Adapt the premises to functions and operational needs.
- Pool know-how and creativity (teamwork).
- Offer nearby services that complement the existing supply.
Objectives shared with the community
and the city of Montreal
- Redevelop the site according to the principles
of sustainable development.
- Build residential units, including social, community and affordable housing, as well as new office spaces.
- Enhance commercial services nearby.
- Increase the amount of green spaces and vegetation on the site.
- Create more functional connections with the neighbourhood.
Some of the possible scenarios for
Maison de Radio-Canada
- Renovate current MRC premises.
- Partially renovate current MRC premises.
- Adopt a hybrid model: occupy part of current premises plus a new building.
- Build a new building.