July 28, 2016
CBC/Radio-Canada is working with a number of public venues across the province to make coverage of Rio 2016 available to as many Canadians as possible in as many places as possible from August 5-21
As Canada’s Olympic Network, CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to making its coverage of the Rio 2016 Olympic Games accessible to all Canadians in as many ways as possible this August. The public broadcaster is working with venues across the country to provide free viewing spaces where Canadians can gather together to watch Team Canada compete against the best in the world.
Free public viewing events will take place in several public spaces across Quebec where Canadians can watch CBC/Radio-Canada’s coverage of Rio 2016 while out and about in their communities.
Public viewing events for CBC/Radio-Canada’s coverage of the Rio 2016 Olympic Games across Quebec from August 5–21 include:
- Le 1000 (1000 Rue de la Gauchetière O., Montreal) – Daily, Aug. 5 – 21; Mon.–Wed.: 7 a.m.–6 p.m.; Thu.–Fri.: 10 a.m.–9 p.m.; Sat.: 11 a.m.–5 p.m.; Sun.: 12 noon–5 p.m.
- Centre de Commerce mondial Montréal (747 rue due Square-Victoria, Montreal) – Daily, Aug. 5–21; Weekdays: 6 a.m.–9 p.m.
- Tour Deloitte (1115 Rue Saint Antoine O., Montreal) – Daily, Aug. 5–21; Weekdays: 7:30 a.m.–8 p.m.
- Les Galeries de la Capitale (5401 Boul des Galeries, Ville de Québec) – Daily, Aug. 5–21; Weekdays: 10 a.m.–9 p.m.; Sat.: 9 a.m.–5 p.m.; Sun.: 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
- CF Carrefour Laval (3035 Boul. le Carrefour, Laval) – Daily, Aug. 5–21; Weekdays: 10 a.m.–9 p.m.; Sat.: 9 a.m.–5 p.m.; Sun.: 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Le Pavillion des Arts et de la Culture de Coaticook (116 Rue Wellington, Coaticook) – Canada Women’s Football matches (Aug. 3, 6, 9)
- Place Montréal Trust – (1500 McGill College, Montreal) – Daily, Aug. 5–21; Mon–Tue.: 10 a.m.–8 p.m.; Wed.–Fri.: 10 a.m.–9 p.m.; Sat.: 10 a.m.–7 p.m.; Sun.: 11 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Les Promenades Gatineau (1100 Boul Maloney O., Gatineau) – Daily, Aug. 5–21; Mon.–Tue.: 9:30 a.m.–6 p.m.; Wed.–Fri.: 9:30 a.m.–9 p.m.; Sat.: 9 a.m.–5 p.m.; Sun.: 11 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Quartier Dix 30 (The Square, 9160 Boul Leduc, Brossard) – Daily, Aug. 5–21; Mon.–Tue.: 10 a.m.–6 p.m.; Wed.–Fri.: 10 a.m.–9 p.m.; Sat.: 9 a.m.–5 p.m.; Sun.: 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
CBC/Radio-Canada is Canada’s national public broadcaster and one of its largest cultural institutions. We are Canada’s trusted source of news, information and Canadian entertainment. Deeply rooted in communities all across the country, CBC/Radio-Canada offers diverse content in English, French and eight Aboriginal languages. We also provide international news and information from a uniquely Canadian perspective.