Effective: April 1, 1999
Responsibility: Vice-President and Chief Financial Officer
- Appendix A – Procedures and Guidelines
- Appendix A-1 – Guidelines for Establishing Likelihood of Collectability
- Appendix B – Salary and Related Receivables
- Appendix C – Check List for Departing Employees
- Appendix D – Cash Discounts
- Appendix E – Credit Application Form
- Appendix F – Guarantee of Payment Form
STATEMENT OF POLICY
The Corporate Manager, Credit and Collections is responsible for the following:
- Establishing, extension and approval of credit privileges relating to commercial advertising sales either directly to advertisers or through advertising agencies, rental or sale of program rights, rental of production facilities, consumer products and co-productions in accordance with Appendix A;
- Follow up and review of credit limit amounts for all clients, which includes reviewing and adjusting credit limits accordingly to meet operational requirements;
- Follow-up on the collection of employee receivables as requested by Human Resources after all efforts to collect have been exhausted
- Cancellation of credit privileges;
- Making special arrangements for repayments for overdue amounts;
- Calculation of the provision for doubtful accounts and bad debt expense;
- Negotiating and filing appropriate contracts with established collection agencies;
- Referral of bad debts to the Law Department for further action;
- Write-off of uncollectible accounts.
Depending on the terms and conditions of co-production contracts and the production schedules, it may be necessary to make special arrangements for the repayment/recovery of costs incurred by the Corporation on behalf of the Co-Producers.
- This policy was updated in June 2011 to reflect changes in procedures and guidelines pertaining to the Provision for Doubtful Accounts and Bad Debts Appendix A and A-1
- This policy was updated in March 2008
- This policy was updated in December 2006 to reflect changes in the procedures and guidelines pertaining to Appendix A – Granting of Credit and Appendix B – Employee Receivables
- This policy was updated March 15, 2005 to clarify the calculation and approval of the Allowance for Doubtful Accounts and Bad Debts, the offering of cash discounts and to reflect the establishment of the Shared Services Organization.
- This was originally Corporate Finance and Administration Policy 205.10 - Credit and Collections.
All questions pertaining to the interpretation or application of this policy should be referred to the Director, Policy and Internal Control.
DEPARTMENT RESPONSIBLE TO UPDATE THIS WEBPAGE