Effective: April 1, 1999
Responsibility: Vice-President and Chief Financial Officer
The Corporation will consider requests from external applicants - either broadcasting or non-broadcasting - to share the use of our transmitter sites and facilities provided that we have the capability of meeting their needs without conflicting with our requirements or those of any other existing licencee(s).
The responsibility for contractual arrangements for the sharing of CBC transmitter sites and facilities rests with the divisional/regional/ area authorities.
Rental revenues will be recorded as miscellaneous Corporate revenues as rental of tower facilities while amounts recovered from licencees for their share of maintenance and power costs, and any other out-of-pocket expenses will be recorded as expense recoveries. These amounts will be credited to the cost centre bearing the related expenses, using the process established for recording recoveries.
- This policy was updated November 2003.
- This was originally Corporate Finance and Administration Policy 711.10 - Shared Use of CBC Transmitter Sites and Facilities.
All questions pertaining to the interpretation or application of this policy should be referred to the Director, Policy and Internal Control.
DEPARTMENT RESPONSIBLE TO UPDATE THIS WEBPAGE
Network Finance and Administration will be responsible to ensure the following:
- That revenues and expenses are properly recorded
- That the financial terms and conditions of the contract are in accordance with established guidelines
- That the interest rate provided by Cash Management is included in the development of the rental rates for towers, land, and buildings at the time of negotiation
2. AMOUNTS BILLED
The basis for determining the charges to the licencee is contained in the established guidelines and will include the following:
- Towers - Occupancy Charges
- Buildings - Space
- Land - Share of land cost and site development
2.2 EXPENSE RECOVERIES
Expense recoveries will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Consultant's fees incurred to determine the suitability of the tower for additional attachments, construction, installation, etc.
- Costs of strengthening and/or modifying the tower
- A share of maintenance costs
- A share of power costs if a separate meter is not used
- Travel expenses incurred by CBC employees at request of licencee
- Overtime incurred by CBC employees at request of licencee
- A share of monitoring costs associated with the site
- A reasonable recovery for administration expenses.