ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
FOR LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT ACTIVITIES
|Department || |
- Formally discuss individual learning and development requirements with the employee;
- Identify and prioritize learning and development needs as part of the needs assessment process;
- Ensure the employee is given sufficient time to attend learning and development activities and provide specific opportunities for the employee to use and apply new skill or knowledge on the job.
In partnership with the Learning and Development department:
- Identify and prioritize learning and development needs;
- Ensure that the L&D Fund is spent strategically and efficiently on eligible activities in accordance with the Policy on Learning & Development and Performance.
Learning and Development Department
- Support department in identifying and prioritizing needs;
- Ensure the quality and relevance of learning and development activities;
- Monitor L&D Fund expenses, in collaboration with the L&D Fund Administrator.
Learning and Development Fund Administrator
- Consolidate all training budget plans for the organization or component;
- Allocate and administer the L&D Fund;
- Monitor L&D Fund expenses;
- Provide expense tracking reports to senior management.
Training Investment Steering Committees
National Learning Steering Committee
Senior Executive Team
- Validate and approve the proposed strategic alignment of learning and development activities;
- Validate and approve the distribution of funds.