As Canada's national public broadcaster, the CBC/Radio-Canada exists to help Canadians understand and appreciate themselves within both the Canadian and world contexts. In essence, Canadians turn to their national public broadcaster to help them connect to the Canadian experience.
This mandate presents considerable challenges. Increased competition for viewers and listeners and the economics of Canadian programming is putting intense pressure on broadcasters' business models. Concerns about media concentration and the need to enhance diversity of editorial content are becoming increasingly important. In this context, the Corporation's role in offering Canadians a wide range of voices and perspectives is critical.
Over the past three years, CBC/Radio-Canada has dramatically re-shaped itself to respond to these challenges. The Corporation has sought to bring Canadians greater value for their investment by fundamentally transforming its programming, operations and management.
CBC/Radio-Canada Corporate Plan - Summary
(presented to the Minister of Canadian Heritage)
- 2015-2016 to 2019-2020 - Corporate Plan Summary
- 2014-2015 to 2018-2019 - Corporate Plan Summary
- 2013-2014 to 2017-2018 - Change is the new Status Quo
- 2012-2013 to 2016-2017 – 2015: Everyone, Every way
- 2011-2012 to 2015-2016 - 2015: Everyone, Every way
- 2010-2011 to 2014-2015 - Meeting the needs of Canadians
- 2009-2010 to 2013-2014 - Reaching Canadians in Many Ways
- 2008-2009 to 2012-2013 - Taking Bold Steps...To Better Serve Canadians
- 2007-2008 to 2011-2012 - What's Next? How We’re Meeting The Changing Needs Of Canadians
- 2006-2007 to 2010-2011 - Making A Place For All Canadians
- 2005-2006 to 2009-2010 - Broadcasting Value
- 2004-2005 to 2008-2009 - Building for the Future
- 2003-2004 to 2007-2008 - Connecting Canadians
- 2002-2003 to 2006-2007 - Renewing and Strengthening the CBC: Our Strategy at Work
- 2001-2002 to 2005-2006 - Renewing and Strengthening the CBC
- 2000-2001 to 2004-2005 - Entering the New Millennium
- 1999-2000 to 2003-2004 - Our Commitment to Canadians